What Is a Nanny?
A nanny is a person, usually a woman, whose job is to look after one or more children of a single family, preferably for a period of a few years.
Nannies can be live-in or live-out, depending on the needs of their employer. To become a professional nanny, it is usually required to have a degree or training in a child development field, such as Early Years, Child Psychology or Montessori course and First Aid certificate.
Why Hire a Nanny?
Are you an accomplished person, with one or more children and a career, and you need a day-to-day help in running both aspects of your life smoothly? Hiring a nanny may be a solution to your problems and London Governess can help you in your quest by providing the best candidates.
Your nanny will perform the following tasks:
- Getting the child up and dressed
- Supervising children’s meals
- Washing and ironing children’s laundry
- Keeping children active and entertained
- Arranging play dates
- Taking the children to the park or zoo
- Creating arts and crafts projects
- Reading to the children
- Accompanying children to music or dance lessons
- Taking the children to doctor’s or dentist’s appointments
- Tidying play area at end of day
- Keeping toys clean and organised
- Helping child undress
- Bathing the child and making ready for bed
Why Hire London Governess Nannies?
Leaving your children to a stranger can be a hard decision, that is why we do all the necessary background checks and make sure to supply you with a lot of additional information about your nanny-to-be so that at the moment of hiring you will know her like the back of your hand. Our general standards of choosing a nanny are listed below.
- Native language skill: We are proud to offer a wide range of native British, and what is even more important, native English speaking nannies.
- Education and work experience: Our agency hires only top-notch nannies, which means they have respected UK qualifications supported by years of experience in the field.
- Age range variety: Whether you are looking for a younger nanny from 25-45, or a more experienced one 45+, we will provide the perfect choice for your specific requirement.
- Reliability: Our nannies are hardworking, dedicated employees with the great love for their work and a high sense of responsibility for the families they work for.
- Caring and outgoing personality: Our nannies are pleasant and enthusiastic no matter their age, and with a genuine interest in children and their wellbeing.
Can London Governess Address My Specific Requirements?
Yes, at London Governess, we understand that every family is unique, and we are more than happy to take up the challenge and provide for your specific request. We can find a live-in, a live-out or a part-time nanny. If you are not sure what kind of ananny you need, let us suggest three types that proved to be of great help for many of our clients.
- A temporary nanny will assist you for a few days, week or months of your choosing. If you need to attend an important event, or your permanent nanny is taking a vacation, whatever the reason is, our temporary nannies will be there to provide the best childcare for the time you require.
- A holiday nanny is a good choice if you intend on having a relaxed vacation with some time just for yourself. Apart from being a helping hand to and from the destination, holiday nanny can also plan educational and cultural activities for your children, and, all in all, make their stay in a new environment enjoyable.
- A bilingual nanny is someone who can teach your children to speak or master a new language. This kind of service is more than welcome if you have just moved, or you plan to move, to a new country and you want your children to adapt easily. It is not just the language that the nanny will instruct your children in, but also the customs, history and traditions of a specific country.
We can also look for a nanny with a specific set of skills or knowledge. For example, London Governess nannies can teach your children to swim or ski, and help with homework. Our nannies can also be of great help with house chores, they can prepare meals, wash and iron children’s clothes, clean children’s room and put the dishes in the dishwasher.
What Are the Stages of Hiring a London Governess Nanny?
We know that choosing a nanny can be demanding task for any parent, which is why we like to guide you through every phase of the process.
- The first phase is a telephone conversation with our representative when it is crucial to be open about your needs and expectations when it comes to your future nanny. Please, do not omit any details because those seemingly little things can make all the difference, and make you one step closer to finding a perfect nanny.
- The second stage is where we send you a collection of suitable Curriculum Vitae to consider.
- The third stage includes you interviewing your shortlisted candidates. We often recommend a trial, because it is very important to see a nanny at work before you make your offer. A trial could be a day or two or a week, as long as you believe it is necessary. Again, it is essential for both parties to be as honest as possible, because this will determine the success of your future collaboration.
- The last stage is when you make your final decision. Take your time to consider all the aspects of the candidates you have met. All the diplomas and recommendations put aside, the most important thing is that you can feel that this person is the right for your family.
It goes without saying that all our nannies have undergone extensive reference and police checks before being recommended to you.
I am Too Busy. Can My Assistant Do All the Arrangements?
At our agency, we are more than aware that your time is precious, and we want you to make the best of it.
With a proof of your authorisation, your assistant can do all the work for you and, in no time, you will feel the benefits of having a perfect nanny in your home.