Professional Governess Training Course
2nd September 2017, 11:30am – 4:30pm
The Westbury Mayfair Hotel
37 Conduit Street, London, W1S 2YF
One Day Governess Training Course
Our Governess Training Course explains everything you need to know about working as a governess in a high profile family in the UK or overseas.
Teachers or nannies who have the experience to graduate to a governess role, but have not worked as a governess in a VIP household, will find the course especially valuable. The recruitment process will be explained in full and you will have a one to one session, allowing you to ask as many questions as you like. Attending will also improve your prospects of being selected by clients for interview, as many tell us that they prefer candidates who have completed the course.
Courses are held regular in small groups at a central London hotel. Candidates are provided with a certificate and handbook, containing valuable information.
Topics covered on the course:
7) Understanding different cultures and working in overseas locations
8) Working with other household staff
9) Understanding boundaries and communicating with your employer
10) Proxy parenting
11) Teaching good manners and behaviour
12) Etiquette and cultural awareness
To register for a course, please contact us as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. You can register with the agency at the same time, and should bring the following documents:
- Recent passport sized photograph (please ensure that the photograph is suitable for prospective employers)
- Passport copy
- Details of two referees; company name, job title, full address, email and telephone number. These should be your last two employers
- Copies of certificates/degrees/diplomas
- Copy of up to date DBS certificate
- Copy of First Aid certificate.