The United Arab Emirates is becoming a hotspot for ex-pat families to relocate, either for a new life in the sun or for work reasons. When moving to another country, no matter where in the world, there is often a need for families to educate their child with a native speaker from their country. Moreover, many families who speak a language other than English prefer their child to be educated by a native English speaking, British professional, to help bring along their language skills.
If you are living in Sharjah, the third largest city in the UAE, and you’re on the lookout for a native British governess, look no further. Here at London Governess, we understand the reasons why a family might prefer a native British governess to work with them and their child, either on a live in or live out basis, and we have many professionals who are willing to help you.
All of our native British governesses have passed a rigorous vetting process, to give you extra peace of mind. They are all highly qualified and have years of experience in supporting and educating children in the home. Many of our governesses have experience of working overseas in the past, and those who haven’t have expressed a desire to live and work in the UAE.
Why Choose Our Native British Governesses?
All of our governesses are the best of the best, and we only sign those who have passed our extremely tough vetting and interview process. We understand the concerns you will have as a parent, and we aim to tick every box with ease. We know that you want a professional who has years of experience, the correct qualifications, and who has the relevant skills and know how to teach your child what they need to know. You also want someone who is friendly, reliable, and whom you can build up a bond of trust. All of our native British governesses tick those boxes.
Our native British governesses:
- Have years of relevant experience and are highly qualified
- Have passed our rigorous vetting procedure, with background checks
- Are able to work on several different basis’, including live in or out, part time or full time
- Many of our governesses have experience of working overseas in the past
- Many of our governesses have experience of travelling with families in the past
- Many of our governesses have worked with royalty, VIPs, and families of high social standing in the past also
- Native British speakers who were educated in the UK
- Able to help educate your child in line with several different curriculums, including the UK
- Able to support your child’s milestones and overall development, informing you of any concerns
- Help your child to build up their independence, resilience, and confidence within their personality
- Many of our governesses are able to teach your child other skills, such as a sport or a musical instrument
- Are able to help teach your child English, as a native speaker
Things to See and Do For Families in Sharjah
Living in such a beautiful part of the world means many things for children and families to do, and it’s a good idea to get out and explore the area together. Your native British governess is able to take your child out to explore the area, and you can rest safe in the knowledge that they are looked after and with someone you trust.
Some top spots within the Sharjah area include:
Sharjah National Park – This huge national park is the largest in the Sharjah area and it is full of natural sights to explore. Huge trees, flowers, even wildlife, such as squirrels and birds, are dotted around, making this the perfect place to learn about nature, but also to enjoy the Great Outdoors. There is a cafe on site for refreshments and many playgrounds too, as well as cycling tracks.
Al Mamzar Beach Park – When you live this close to the beach, it would be a shame not to go! This is a huge beach park and is ideal for families because there are playgrounds, a huge swimming pool, and a picnic area too. There are also sun loungers and umbrellas, as well as watersports on offer. This park is quite busy at weekends as local families visit.
Sharjah Discovery Centre – This is an interactive museum which children will love, and they won’t even realise they’re learning! They will be able to learn through hands-on exhibits about the human body, transportation, aviation, farming, sports, you name it, it’s there. There is also a soft play area for smaller children and a cafe for refreshments.