Become a Governess Now – Start a new career
Due to popular demand we are now offering online courses by Skype and FaceTime, for those who wish to attend our courses but who cannot be there in person. The online courses are exactly the same as the face to face courses, you have the opportunity to ask questions and candidates receive certificate following the course. All courses are one day, include practical session and can be arranged at times to suits you.
We are offering the following courses online:
British Etiquette and Modern Manners, the course to help you feel more at ease socially and in a business environment
Governess training course, suited to experienced nannies and teachers who wants to work in high profile households
Professional nanny training course, this is ideal for anyone who wants to work as a nanny but has no professional training.
The following dates are available for any of the courses, please register your interest to book a place on one today!
Saturday, 7th April 2018
Professional Governess Training Course
8th April 2018, 11:30am – 5:30pm
Central London location
(Kensington or Mayfair)
Our Governess Training Course explains everything you need to know about working as a governess in a high-profile family in the UK or overseas.
Teachers or nannies who have the experience to graduate to a governess role, but have not worked as a governess in a VIP household, will find this course especially valuable. The recruitment process will be explained in full and you will have a one-on-one session allowing you to ask as many questions as you like. Attending will also improve your prospects of being selected by clients for interview (many tell us they prefer candidates who have completed the course). Attending our one day training session can give you the best chance of gaining one of our top positions.
Salaries for governesses are higher than those for nannies and can typically be around £1,000 a week. This reflects the high standards offered in care and education by a governess, with good candidates in constant demand from our clients. Conditions of work and additional perks are often standard and many households are fully staffed.
Courses are held regularly in small groups at a central London hotel. Candidates are provided with a certificate and handbook containing valuable information.
Topics covered on the course:
7) Understanding different cultures and working in overseas locations
8) Working with other household staff
9) Understanding boundaries and communicating with your employer
10) Proxy parenting
11) Teaching good manners and behaviour
12) Etiquette and cultural awareness
The way we lead the governess course:
- We introduce a topic
- Ask to think how you would deal with a situation/a problem
- You should present your opinion
- The leader of the course will listen to you carefully and give you feedback
The leader will explain the best options how to behave in the given situation
To register for a course, please contact us as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
You can register with the agency at the same time, and should bring the following documents:
- Recent passport-sized photograph (please ensure the photograph is suitable for prospective employer view)
- Passport copy
- Details of two referees; company name, job title, full address, email and telephone number. These should be your last two employers
- Copies of certificates/degrees/diplomas
- Copy of up-to-date DBS certificate
- Copy of First Aid certificate.