At London Governess, we understand the importance of finding a perfect governess to educate children. That is why we insist on the highest quality candidates, and have consultants with the experience and insight to make the perfect match. We will guide and advise you throughout the process, from interviewing and selection, up until the moment you receive a desired governess position, and beyond.
What makes London Governess different from the other companies?
We are the only UK agency that specialises in providing international clients with British-educated and qualified governesses. All of our candidates have a minimum of five years’ childcare and teaching experience. They use a variety of teaching methods and techniques, and can teach any subject. We only recruit candidates who come highly recommended, and are recognised for their ability to support social, cultural and emotional development along with providing a first-class education. So, if you find yourself as such, you are more than welcome to register.
What are governess’ responsibilities?
A governess will typically work five days per week. She will be experienced in teaching children aged between three and sixteen, and will modify her teaching methods to ensure that your child thrives. It is not just the curriculum that a child will learn, either. Our governess candidates will teach the child key British attributes such as courage, independence and self-reliance, and help him or her develop their own personality. All of our governesses can tutor English, and some are also fluent in second and third languages. We can provide candidates capable of teaching musical instruments such as the piano, and additional skills such as swimming and tennis.
Is employing you as a governess from the UK complicated?
No. Once you have found a desired placement, we will arrange a working schedule, and are experienced in the practicalities of placing our governesses both locally within the UK and internationally. You can be placed on a short-term or long-term basis.
With you, we will help you take a slice of Britain abroad with you, and provide the client’s child not only with a first-class British education, but also a strong British role model.
If you have governess experience, then, you will have a big advantage since we want that our governesses bring a wealth of experience to placements. They are particularly skilled at teaching, motivating children to progress academically. For children whose first language is not English, our governesses will assist with mastering the language, as well helping the child understand British cultural expectations and etiquette.
You can find this kind of placement as well. We offer reliable, trustworthy and highly qualified short-term governesses who are available to meet the needs of the family. Our flexible service is designed to suit all situations, including emergency, travel, or holiday placements, whether at home or abroad.
In addition to recognising the importance of education, we also understand the need for children to get on well with their governess. Therefore, we only appoint candidates who are child focused, have plenty of energy, patience, and tolerance, and a passion for their work. Our friendly, skilled and safety-conscious governesses are available to meet the emotional and practical needs of the children, either working alongside with the parents or when they are away from home. Depending upon client’s personal situation, the duties of a governess can include teaching, home-schooling, engaging children in educational play, and organising child-focused activities.
International services require a minimum of a two-week placement, and rates can be negotiated to meet mutual requirements.
What are the advantages of being a London Governess?
London Governess is a unique agency in that it offers native English speaking governesses. In placing these British governesses abroad we apply strict standards to ensure that our clients’ children receive a proper UK education. If you fulfil these requirements, you will certainly get good financial offer with a lot of benefits.
A British governess’ duties include:
- Educating children in their homes
- Helping children to develop their social skills
- Teaching proper etiquette and manners.
A qualified British governess possesses the following attributes:
- A teaching background, higher education in childcare, and five years’ of childcare/teaching experience.
Additional qualifications create more opportunities. These include:
- The spoken and written command of more than one language (bilingual, multilingual)
- The ability to teach a musical instrument or sport.
How much will a London Governess cost?
A governess is often placed with clients abroad. She frequently lives with the family and works five days a week, for up to ten hours a day, often alongside a nanny. The requirements and responsibilities are substantial, but you as a suitably qualified British governess can expect to earn a salary starting from between £700 to £1500 per week. Your remuneration increases the greater the experience and education.
How to apply for a governess job position?
We would like to guide you through every phase of the process in order to know what should be expected from all of us during this period:
- The first phase is to fill in the form on our web site – our HR will reply to you and request to send relevant documents (C. V., cover letter, DBS check, First Aid Certificate, education diplomas and certificates, references) as well as to arrange an interview. Please, do not omit any details because those seemingly little things can make all the difference, and make you one step closer to finding a perfect employer. You can apply either if you have seen an interesting job position or you want to be in our system for some future vacancies.
- After that, we send your C. V. to our clients and if successful, we will arrange an interview with a prospective employer.
- We often recommend a trial, because it is very important to see a family before you make your decision. A trial could be a day or two or a week as long as an employer and you believe it is necessary. Trials are fully paid.
- The last stage is when the client and you make your final decision. Both of you should take your time to consider all the elements/components/fundamentals.
We are looking forward to your registration soon!