Become a Part-time or Full-time Governess | London Governess
Call us: + 44 7740 462 463
At London Governess, we understand the importance of finding a perfect governess to educate children. That is why we insist on the highest quality candidates, and have consultants with the experience and insight to make the perfect match. We will guide and advise you throughout the process from interviewing to selection, to the moment you receive a desired governess position, and beyond.
What sets London Governess above other companies?
We are the only UK agency that specialises in providing international clients with British-educated and qualified governesses. All of our candidates have a minimum of five years’ childcare and teaching experience. They use a variety of teaching methods and techniques, and can teach any subject. We only recruit candidates who come highly recommended and recognised for their ability to support social, cultural and emotional development as well as provide a first-class education. If you meet these parameters, we welcome you to register.
What are a governess’ responsibilities?
A governess will typically work five days per week. She will be experienced in teaching children aged 3-16, and will modify her teaching methods to ensure your child thrives. It is not just the curriculum your child will learn, either. Our governess candidates will teach your child key British attributes such as courage, independence and self-reliance, and help them develop their own personality. All of our governesses can tutor English, and some are fluent in second and third languages. We can provide candidates capable of teaching musical instruments such as the piano, and additional skills such as swimming and tennis.
Is employing you as a governess from the UK complicated?
No. Once you have found a desired placement, we will arrange a working schedule, and are experienced in the practicalities of placing our governesses both within the UK and internationally. You can be placed on a short-term or long-term basis.
You will be the invaluable slice of Britain your employers takes abroad with you, so that you can provide the client’s child with a first-class British education as well as strong British role model.
If you have governess experience then you will have a significant advantage since we want our governesses to bring a wealth of experience to their placements. They are particularly skilled at teaching, and motivating children to progress academically. For children whose first language is not English, our governesses will assist with mastering the language, as well as helping the child understand British cultural expectations and etiquette.
You can find this kind of placement as well. We offer reliable, trustworthy and highly qualified short-term governesses available to meet the needs of the family. Our flexible service is designed to suit all situations, including emergency, travel, or holiday placements, whether at home or abroad.
In addition to recognising the importance of education, we also understand the need for children to get on well with their governess. Therefore, we only appoint candidates who are child-focused, energetic, patient, tolerant and passionate about their work. Our friendly, skilled and safety-conscious governesses are available to meet the emotional and practical needs of the children, either working alongside the parents or alone when they are away from home. Depending upon a client’s personal situation, the duties of a governess can include teaching, home-schooling, engaging children in educational play, and organising child-focused activities.
International services require a minimum of a two-week placement, and rates can be negotiated to meet mutual requirements.
What are the advantages of being a London Governess?
London Governess is a unique agency as it offers native English speaking governesses. In placing these British governesses abroad, we apply strict standards to ensure our clients’ children receive a proper UK education. If you fulfil these requirements, you will certainly receive a good financial offering with many benefits.
A British governess’ duties include:
- Educating children in their homes
- Helping children to develop social skills
- Teaching proper etiquette and manners.
A qualified British governess possesses the following attributes:
- A teaching background, higher education in childcare, and five years of childcare/teaching experience.
Additional qualifications create more opportunities. These include:
- The spoken and written command of more than one language (bilingual, multilingual)
- The ability to teach a musical instrument or sport.
How much will a London Governess governess cost?
A governess is often placed with clients abroad. She frequently lives with the family and works five days a week, for up to 10 hours a day and often alongside a nanny. The requirements and responsibilities are substantial but as a suitably qualified British governess you can expect a salary between £700-£1500 per week. Your remuneration increases with greater experience and education to offer.
How to apply for a governess job position?
We would like to guide you through every phase of the process in order to know what should be expected from all of us during this period:
- The first stage is to fill in the form on our website – our HR will reply to you and request you to send relevant documents (CV, cover letter, DBS check, First Aid Certificate, education diplomas and certificates, references) as well as arrange an interview. Please do not omit any details because those seemingly little things can make all the difference and bring you one step closer to finding your perfect employer. You can apply either if you have seen an interesting job position or if you’d like to be included in our database and considered for all suitable future vacancies.
- The next stage sees us send your CV to our clients and, if successful, arrange you an interview with a prospective employer. We often recommend a trial because it is very important to see a family before you make your decision. A trial could be for one day or one week – as long as an employer and yourself believe it is necessary. Trials are fully paid.We often recommend a trial, because it is very important to see a family before you make your decision. A trial could be a day or two or a week as long as an employer and you believe it is necessary. Trials are fully paid.
- The last stage is when the client and you make your final decision. Both of you should take your time to consider all of the elements, components, fundamentals and the proposed position, as this will directly affect the seamlessness of your professional union.
Thank you, and London Governess looks forward to receiving your registration soon.
Call us: + 44 7740 462 463