At London Governess, we understand the importance of finding the perfect governess to educate children. That is why we insist on the highest quality candidates, and have consultants with the experience and insight to make the perfect match. We will guide and advise you throughout the process from interviewing and selection, to the moment you receive a desired governess position, and beyond.
What sets London Governess above other companies?
We are the only UK agency that specialises in providing international clients with British-educated and qualified governesses. All of our candidates have a minimum of five years’ childcare and teaching experience. They use a variety of teaching methods and techniques, and can teach any subject. We only recruit candidates who come highly recommended and recognised for their abilities to support social, cultural and emotional development as well as providing a first-class education. If you meet these parameters, we welcome you to register.
What are a governess’ responsibilities?
A governess will typically work five days per week. She will be experienced in teaching children aged 3-16, and will modify her teaching methods to ensure your child thrives. It is not just the curriculum your child will learn either. Our governess candidates will teach your children key British attributes such as courage, independence, and self-reliance, and help them develop their own unique personalities. All of our governesses can tutor English, and some are fluent in second and third languages. We can provide candidates capable of teaching musical instruments such as the piano, and additional skills such as swimming and tennis.
Is employing you as a governess from the UK complicated?
No. Once you have found a desired placement, we will arrange a working schedule. We are experienced in the practicalities of placing our governesses both within the UK and internationally. You can be placed on a short-term or long-term basis.
You will be the invaluable slice of Britain your employers take abroad with you, so that you can provide the client’s child with a first-class British education as well as being a strong British role model.
If you have governess experience then you will have a significant advantage since we want our governesses to bring a wealth of experience to their placements. They are particularly skilled at teaching and motivating children to progress academically. For children whose first language is not English, our governesses will assist with mastering the language, as well as helping the child understand British cultural expectations and etiquette.
We also provide this kind of placement. We offer reliable, trustworthy, and highly qualified short-term governesses who are able to meet the needs of the family. Our flexible service is designed to suit all situations, including emergency, travel, or holiday placements, whether at home or abroad.
In addition to recognising the importance of education, we also understand the need for children to get on well with their governess. Therefore, we only appoint candidates who are child-focused, energetic, patient, tolerant, and passionate about their work. Our friendly, skilled and safety-conscious governesses are available to meet the emotional and practical needs of the children, either working alongside the parents or alone when they are away from home. Depending upon a client’s personal situation, the duties of a governess can include teaching, home-schooling, engaging children in educational play, and organising child-focused activities. International services require a minimum of a two-week placement, and rates can be negotiated to meet mutual requirements.
What are the advantages of being a London Governess?
London Governess is a unique agency as it offers native English-speaking governesses. In placing these British governesses abroad, we apply strict standards to ensure our clients’ children receive a proper UK education. If you fulfil these requirements, you will certainly receive a good financial offering with many benefits.
- Educating children in their homes
- Helping children to develop social skills
- Teaching proper etiquette and manners
- A teaching background
- Higher education in childcare
- Five years of childcare/teaching experience.
Additional qualifications create more opportunities. These include the spoken and written command of more than one language (bilingual, multilingual).
How much will a governess from London Governess cost?
A governess is often placed with clients abroad. She frequently lives with the family and works five days a week, for ten to twelve hours a day and often alongside a nanny. The requirements and responsibilities are substantial but as a suitably qualified British governess you can expect a salary between £700 and £1,500 per week. Your remuneration increases with greater experience and education.
How to apply for a governess job position?
We would like to guide you through every stage of the process in order to know what will be expected during this period:
- The first stage is to fill in the form on our website – our HR department will reply to you and request that you send relevant documents (CV, cover letter, DBS check, first aid certificate, education diplomas and certificates, and references) as well as to arrange an interview with you. Please do not omit any details because those seemingly little things can make all the difference, and bring you one step closer to finding your perfect employer. You can apply whether you have seen an interesting job position or if you would like to be included in our database and considered for all suitable future vacancies.
- The next stage sees us send your CV to our clients and, if successful, we arrange an interview with a prospective employer. We often recommend a trial because it is very important to meet a family before you make your decision. A trial could be for one day or one week – just long enough for you and your prospective employer to get to know each other. Trials are fully paid.
- The last stage is when the client and you make your final decisions. Both of you should take your time to consider all of the elements, components, fundamentals, and the proposed position, as this will directly affect the seamlessness of your professional union.
Thank you, and London Governess looks forward to receiving your registration soon.