Why hire a male nanny?
Most of the staff we provide are female. They are all excellent at what they do. But requests for male staff are now on the rise. Why is that? Some children just connect and engage better with a male influence. Maybe their father is extremely busy or working far away. This can create a male-female imbalance. It could be that your boys are growing up and would benefit from the presence of a male influence at home. Boys with sisters and no brothers often appreciate the chance for some male bonding time. If there isn’t a man consistently about the house, fixing that imbalance can really help your children.
Don’t let the name manny or male nanny give you the wrong image. He plays a solid role. He doesn’t only fulfill the duties of his female counterpart, he stands within the family as a role model for the children to learn from, like a big brother. When the kids are bursting with energy and you can’t keep up, the nanny makes good use of that energy, steering it towards healthy activities. While they’re engaged and focused on physical activity, nannies know this is a good time to instill rules and discipline. A male nanny from London Governess is fit and has the stamina required to keep pace with the children under his care.
When hiring a nanny, most people quite rightly focus on the benefits for their children. But there are other great positives: you gain time! You don’t have to spend less time with your children but you do get to spend better time with them. You won’t be too tired to read them a story because you’ve been tidying up after them. The nanny can take care of that while you read the story.
Some clients tell us that having a male nanny in the home makes them feel more secure. They feel their children are somehow better protected. By employing one of our male nannies, you can equalise the gender balance in the home, helping with discipline and order.
Time to choose
Whether you hire a male or female nanny from us, you are choosing someone who will do their best for your family. With some children and in some households it just works better one way or the other. It’s just – different, and maybe a male nanny is the difference you and your children have been waiting for. You’ve read this far because you’re interested. Why not take the next step before reading further? Just email us right now and start to make it a reality.
There are two main types of nanny:
A live-in nanny is usually responsible for the complete care of a family’s children. Getting the children up, feeding them, keeping them engaged and active, taking them to the park or doctor’s appointments, cleaning their rooms and play areas, and washing and ironing their clothes are just some of the many tasks required of a live-in nanny. A nanny of this type usually has a separate apartment – sometimes referred to as a “nanny flat” – in the home of the family he or she serves, or at least a room with a separate bathroom.
A live-out nanny provides childcare in the employer’s private home for set hours during the day. Within their working hours, your live-out nanny will assume all of the responsibilities and duties of a live-in nanny. The main difference is that there is no requirement to provide a live-out nanny with accommodation throughout your collaboration.
Why hire a nanny?
If you are you an accomplished person with one or more children and a career, you may benefit from day-to-day help in running both aspects of your life smoothly. Hiring a nanny may be the best solution and London Governess can provide the best candidates to make things easier.
Your nanny will perform the following tasks:
- Getting the children up and dressed
- Supervising children’s meals
- Washing and ironing children’s laundry
- Keeping children active and engaged
- Arranging play dates
- Taking the children to the park or zoo
- Creating art and craft projects
- Reading to the children
- Accompanying children to music or dance lessons
- Taking the children to doctor’s or dentist’s appointments
- Tidying play area at end of day
- Keeping toys clean and organised
- Helping children undress
- Bathing the children and preparing them for bed
Why hire London Governess nannies?
Leaving your children with a stranger can be a hard decision. We can give you peace of mind by performing all the necessary background checks and working with only the most highly regarded nannies. We also supply you with extensive information on your nanny-to-be, so that you will already be quite familiar with them when hiring. Our general standards of choosing a nanny are listed below.
Native language skill – we are proud to offer a wide range of native British and, more importantly, native English-speaking nannies.
Education and work experience – our agency hires only the best nannies, which means they have respected UK qualifications supported by years of experience in the field.
Age range variety – whether you are looking for a younger nanny from 25 to 45, or a more experienced nanny (45+), we will provide the perfect choice for your specific requirements.
Reliability – our nannies are hardworking, dedicated employees with a great love for their work and high sense of responsibility for the families they assist.
Caring and outgoing personality – our nannies are pleasant and enthusiastic no matter their age, with a genuine interest in children and their well-being.
Can London Governess address my specific requirements?
Yes, at London Governess we understand that every family is unique, and we are more than happy to take up the challenge and provide for your specific request. We can find you a live-in, live-out or part-time nanny. If you are not sure what kind of nanny you need, let us suggest three types proven to be of great help to many of our clients.
- A temporary nanny will assist you for a few days, weeks, or months of your choosing. If you need to attend an important event, or your permanent nanny is taking a vacation – whatever the reason – our temporary nannies will be there to provide you with the best childcare during the time you require.
- A holiday nanny is a good choice if you intend on having a relaxed family vacation, setting aside some time just for yourself. Apart from being a helping hand to and from the destination, a holiday nanny plans educational and cultural activities for your children and generally makes their stay in a new environment more enjoyable.
- A bilingual nanny is someone who can teach your children to speak or master a new language. This service is more than welcome if you have just moved to, or plan to move to a new country and want your children to adapt easily. It is not just the language the nanny will instruct your children in but the country’s customs, history and traditions.
We can also look for a nanny with a specific set of skills or knowledge. For example, London Governess nannies can teach your children to swim or ski, and can help with homework. Our nannies are of great help with house chores, can prepare meals and clean dishes, wash and iron children’s clothes, and clean children’s rooms.
What are the stages of hiring a London Governess nanny?
Choosing a nanny can be a demanding task for any parent, which is why we like to guide you through every stage of the process.
- The first stage is a telephone conversation with our representative, that enables you to be open about your needs and expectations when it comes to your future nanny. Please do not omit any details because seemingly little things can make a significant difference, and bring you one step closer to finding the perfect nanny.
- The second stage is to send you a collection of suitable curricula vitae (CVs) to consider.
- The third stage involves you interviewing your shortlisted candidates. We often recommend a trial, because it is very important to see a nanny at work before you make your offer. A trial could be a day or two, or a week – as long as you believe necessary. Again, it is essential for both parties to be as honest as possible, because this will determine the success of your future collaboration.
- The last stage is when you make your final decision. Take your time to consider all of the aspects of the candidates you have met. Diplomas and recommendations aside, the most important factor is that you feel this person is the right fit for your family.
It goes without saying that all of our nannies have undergone extensive reference and police checks before being recommended to you.
I am too busy – can my assistant do all the arrangements?
At our agency, we are fully aware that your time is precious, and want you to make the best of it.
With proof of your authorisation your assistant can do all the work for you, and in next to no time, you will feel the benefits of the perfect nanny in your home.
Please complete this form and we will contact you to discuss your individual requirements. We will then provide a selection of top quality candidates to choose from, and discuss with you your preferred interview arrangements.
Our office is open Monday to Sunday (8.30am-6.30pm).