With London Governess, finding a suitable private tutor for your child is no longer a time-demanding problem. Once you discover the kind of tutor services we offer, and easy procedure of obtaining a home tutor, you will be completely sure that our company is your best choice.
Trust London Governess to find you a perfect private tutor
We understand the importance of strong academic performance and your natural concern to provide the best possible opportunities for your child.
A private tutor is a person who can provide your children with one-on-one sessions at your home to improve their academic performance and help them achieve their full potential. This is what we can provide.
Our tutors are expert teachers in their chosen field. Whether Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Literature, a foreign language or any other discipline, our skilled and professional tutors are the perfect way to prepare your child for 11+ exams, other entrance or Oxbridge exams, ensure strong grades in national exams, or simply help motivate a child in a subject they find challenging.
Our English tutors are also excellent at furthering a student’s ability in a subject where they excel, providing the extra work needed to stretch them. They are always experienced professionals, talented teachers with the patience to explain and skill to motivate and encourage.
Our general standards of choosing a tutor are the following:
- Subject professional tutor (all of our registered tutors’ diplomas and certificates have been checked)
- Education and work experience (most private tutors have references/proof of previous education and employment, all double-checked by London Governess)
- Reliability (all of our private tutors are hard-working, and dedicated with high sense of responsibility)
- Caring and outgoing personality (Our tutors are pleasant with a genuine interest in children and their education)
What can be expected from London Governess tutors?
- To travel to your home or a place convenient for private tutoring (a library or school)
- To plan classes in agreement with you
- To give your child exercises from recommended textbooks and prepared learning materials, while making learning interesting and fun
- To give you honest feedback about your child’s improvement
- To improve themselves in becoming their regions’ highest-qualified tutors (by participating in training and seminars)
How do we choose a tutor for you?
We are completely aware that choosing a tutor can be a demanding task for any parent, which is why we guide you through every phase of the process and keep you updated at all points.
- The first stage is a telephone conversation with our representative enabling you to be open about your needs and expectations, whether you are interested in tuition for one or more subjects, if your child requires special attention in any subject, and so on.
- The second stage is where we send you a collection of suitable Curriculum Vitae to consider.
- The third stage includes you interviewing your shortlisted candidates. We often recommend a trial because it is very important to see a tutor at work before you make your offer. A trial could be one or two days or a week – as long as you believe necessary. Again, it is essential for both parties to be as honest as possible as this will determine the success of your future collaboration.
- The last stage is when you make your final decision. Take your time to consider all the aspects of the candidates you have met. Qualifications aside, the most important factor is a genuine understanding between tutor and child.
Tutor working arrangements
Tutors are generally self-employed and hired on an hourly basis. They can be hired full time, especially to cover holiday periods or other occasions when your child needs intensive preparation. You can specify your need when applying and we will do the rest.
The cost of hiring a tutor
Tutors can be hired full-time or by hour.
Hiring a tutor full-time (35 – 40 hours per week) costs between £800-£1300. Higher rates will be commanded by greater experience or wider-ranging, more impressive qualifications.
When hired by hour, a tutor’s costs will be between £30-£100. Again, this depends on experience, qualifications and subject.
One more important thing about private tuition is that we guarantee a top professional service to our clients, meaning our private tutors respect all terms and conditions you require as well as your family’s privacy.