With London Governess, finding a suitable private tutor for your child is no longer a time-consuming problem. Once you discover the kind of tutor services we offer, and how easy we make it to hire a home tutor, you will see that our company is your best choice.
Trust London Governess to find you a perfect private tutor
We understand the importance of strong academic performance and your natural desire to provide the best possible opportunities for your child.
A private tutor is a person who can provide your children with one-on-one sessions at your home to improve their academic performance and help them achieve their full potential. This is exactly what we provide.
Our tutors are expert teachers in their chosen fields, such as mathematics, English literature, foreign languages, and many other disciplines. Our skilled and professional tutors are perfect for preparing your child for 11+ exams, other entrance or Oxbridge exams, ensure strong grades in national exams, or simply helping to motivate children in subjects they find challenging.
Our English tutors are also excellent at furthering a students’ abilities in subjects where they excel, providing the extra work needed to stretch them. They are all experienced professionals, talented teachers with the patience to explain and skill to motivate and encourage.
Our general standards of choosing a tutor are as follows:
- Subject professional tutor – all of our registered tutors’ diplomas and certificates have been checked
- Education and work experience – most private tutors have references/proof of previous education and employment, all double-checked by London Governess
- Reliability – all of our private tutors are hard working and dedicated with a high sense of responsibility
- Caring and outgoing personality – our tutors are pleasant with a genuine interest in children and their education
What can be expected from London Governess tutors?
- To travel to your home or a place convenient for private tutoring (a library or school)
- To plan classes in agreement with you
- To give your child exercises from recommended textbooks and prepared learning materials, while making learning interesting and fun
- To give you honest feedback about your child’s improvement
How do we choose a tutor for you?
We are fully aware that choosing a tutor can be a demanding task for any parent, which is why we guide you through every stage of the process and keep you updated at all points.
- The first stage is a telephone conversation with our representative, enabling you to be open about your needs and expectations, whether you are interested in tuition for one or more subjects, if your child requires special attention in any subject, and so on.
- The second stage is where we send you a collection of suitable curricula vitae (CVs) to consider.
- The third stage involves you interviewing your shortlisted candidates. We often recommend a trial because it is very important to see a tutor at work before you make your offer. A trial could be one or two days or a week – as long as you believe necessary. Again, it is essential for both parties to be as honest as possible as this will determine the success of your future collaboration.
- The last stage is when you make your final decision. Take your time to consider all the aspects of the candidates you have met. Qualifications aside, the most important factor is a genuine understanding between tutor and child.
Tutor working arrangements
Tutors are generally self-employed and hired on an hourly basis. They can also be hired full time to cover holiday periods or other occasions when your child needs intensive preparation, such as for exams. You can specify your needs when applying and we will do the rest.
The cost of hiring a tutor
Tutors are usually hired by the hour.
When hired by the hour, the cost of a tutor will be between £30 and £60. Again, this depends on experience, qualifications, and subject.
One more important thing about private tuition is that we guarantee superior, professional service to our clients, meaning our private tutors respect all terms and conditions you specify, as well as your family’s privacy.
Why not hire a tutor-companion?
If you are too busy to learn in class, we can supply a tutor-companion to help you perfect your English right there in situations where you need it. Our tutor-companions can accompany you for a few hours, a day or a full week, whether that’s sightseeing, working or shopping. As you encounter new situations or come up against language barriers, your companion steps in to help and to teach you what to do or say in a real-life situation. This is a much more effective learning experience than a classroom-based one.
With their outstanding patience and excellent communication skills, tutor-companions are perfect for keeping children occupied, informed, and educated at the same time.
Please complete this form and we will contact you to discuss your individual requirements. We will then provide a selection of top quality candidates to choose from, and discuss with you your preferred interview arrangements.
Our office is open Monday to Sunday (8.30am-6.30pm).