Daily, Temporary and Holiday Nannies Jobs London Governess
A nanny for every occasion
Call us: + 44 7740 462 463
Working as a nanny
When you decide to apply for this position, you should first go through this guide first to better understand the requirements of both our clients and our company (including qualifications, duties and attributes) as well as to be more familiar with what you can expect from your future employer. The description of different types of nanny positions are stated here so you can check which suits you best. Finally, you can find a detailed explanation of the application procedure.
As it is already known world-wide, the nanny’s role is to look after one or more children of a single family, preferably for a period of a few years. Concerning your qualifications, it is usually required to have a degree or training in a child development field such as Early Years, Child Psychology or Montessori course, as well as First Aid certificate and DBS check. Our London-based nanny agency wants to provide the best candidates to its clients so we will do all the necessary checks and ask you to send a proof of all stated qualifications, recommendations, certificates and diplomas obtained.
Our general standards of choosing a nanny are as follows:
- English language skill (you should be a native English-speaking nanny or fluent English speaker)
- Education and work experience (you should have respected UK qualifications supported by years of experience in the field)
- Reliability (you should be a hardworking, dedicated nanny with a deep love for your work and high sense of responsibility for your employer’s family as we guarantee a top professional service to our clients)
- Caring and outgoing personality (you should be pleasant with a genuine interest in children and their well-being)
What should you expect from your employer?
As for our clients, many London nanny agencies cannot provide you with what our British nanny agency can. London Governess clients are VIP and high net worth families in global locations, which means you will receive many benefits in return for your hard work and dedication.
- On-time competitive salary
- Accommodation and food (for a live-in position)
- Respecting agreed working hours
- A chance to travel around the world
- Visa arrangement (if needed)
- For weekend work, you will generally be paid extra
- Four weeks paid vacation each year
What will parents expect from you?
Firstly, professionalism and commitment are the most important values expected from our candidates. Concerning job duties, a nanny should most often do the following tasks:
- Getting the children up and dressed
- Supervising children’s meals
- Washing and ironing children’s laundry
- Keeping children active and entertained
- Arranging play dates
- Taking the children to the park or zoo
- Creating arts and crafts projects
- Reading to the children
- Accompanying children to music or dance lessons
- Taking the children to doctor’s or dentist’s appointments
- Tidying play area at end of the day
- Keeping toys clean and organised
- Helping children undress
- Bathing the children and preparing them for bed
London Governess will look favourably upon those nannies able and willing to teach children a sport, another language, how to play an instrument, help with house chores, and prepare meals.
Types of nannies
Our nanny agency in London offers nanny positions around the globe, so you can choose to be a nanny in any part of the UK, as well as an international or overseas nanny. The terms and conditions are more than satisfying.
For your convenience, the list of nanny types we offer to our clients can be found below. After choosing the right type, you will be completely informed and ready to apply:
- A live-in nanny is responsible for the complete care of a family’s children. Getting the children up, feeding them, keeping them amused and active, taking them to the park or doctor’s appointment, cleaning their room and play area, and washing and ironing their clothes are just some of many tasks a live-in nanny would be required to do. A nanny of this type usually has a separate apartment, sometimes referred to as a “nanny flat” in the house of the family she serves, or at least a room with a separate bathroom.
- A live-out nanny is also a person who provides childcare in your private home but this time for set hours during the day. During her working hours, a live-out nanny will assume all of the responsibilities and duties as a live-in nanny would. The family does not need to provide accommodation for her for the period of the collaboration.
- A night nanny is there to help parents out with their newborn baby. As her name suggests, this nanny is usually required to work during the night and help establish good sleeping patterns both for the child and the new parents. In contrast to a maternity nurse who is a live-in nanny, a night nanny is usually a live-out nanny working night shifts.
- A temporary nanny will assist a family for a few days, weeks or months. If the parents need to attend an important event, or their permanent nanny is taking a vacation, whatever the reason be, our temporary nannies will be there to provide the best childcare for the time required.
- A holiday nanny is one who goes with parents intending to have a relaxed vacation with some time just for themselves. Apart from being a helping hand to and from the destination, this nanny should also plan educational and cultural activities for their children, and, all in all, make their stay in a new environment enjoyable.
- A bilingual/multilingual/international nanny is a nanny who teaches children to speak or master a new language or languages. This kind of service is more than welcome if parents have just moved, or plan to move, to a new country so the children can adapt easily. Such a nanny will not only teach the children a new language but also the customs, history and traditions of a specific country. We send our nannies almost everywhere in the world!
How to apply for a nanny job position?
We would like to guide you through every phase of the process so you know what should be expected from each party throughout this period:
- The first phase is to fill in the form on our website – our HR will reply to you and request you to send relevant documents (CV, cover letter, DBS check, First Aid Certificate, education diplomas and certificates, references) as well as to arrange an interview with you. Please do not omit any details because those seemingly little things can make all the difference, and bring you one step closer to finding a perfect employer. You can apply either if you have seen an interesting job position or want to be included in our database and considered for all future suitable vacancies.
- After that, we send your CV to our clients and, if successful, arrange an interview with a possible employer.
- We often recommend a trial, because it is very important to see a family before you make your decision. A trial could be one day or one week – as long as an employer and you believe it necessary. Trials are fully paid.
- The last stage is when the client and you make your final decision. Both of you should take your time to consider all the aspects.
We are a British nanny agency which you can trust!
Call us: + 44 7740 462 463