Our clients hire teacher/companions from London Governess to perfect their English or other skills. If you are willing to teach out of the classroom, this is a perfect opportunity for you. From young children to busy teenagers, a teacher/companion provides them with skilled tuition in a convenient way. Lessons can last a few days, weeks, or any length of time between, and can take place anywhere that suits the client and you. London Governess provides teacher/companions to help its clients improve their English or cover a wide range of other subjects. Teacher/companions are perfect for keeping children engaged, informed, and educated, all at the same time.
Work in a park
Why not work as a teacher/companion to accompany our clients’ children on a day’s shopping or sightseeing? In this way, our clients can be sure their children are safe while they are improving their spoken English in a fun, relaxing way. Furthermore, if they have just moved to the UK and need assistance in a supermarket, pharmacy, or shopping mall when speaking with salespeople, this is a fantastic chance for you to help. This is a perfect way for our clients to learn the English language and British culture and manners without stress. It also helps you to learn more about other cultures, business and manners.
Our teacher/companions are all highly trained and experienced teachers with supreme patience, excellent communication skills, and true depth of knowledge in their chosen subjects. Whether our clients are preparing to sit an exam, practising for interviews, or just keen to progress in a particular field, a teacher/companion makes it easy to improve their skills and knowledge. Flexible and convenient, teacher/companions will prepare lessons that are appropriate to the age and experience of the students, and will adapt to their needs. Our teacher/companions have almost the same roles as home tutors who provide help in various subjects. The difference is that our private teachers accompany our clients to different places away from the home. You should make their schooling, working, and learning as easy and relaxing – yet fruitful – as possible.
Our teachers can teach their students English as a Foreign language, construction terms, specific legal terms, or simply improve conversational English. Also, they can prepare the children for school exams and interviews.
The cost of hiring a teacher/companion
As a teacher/companion, you can be hired full time or by the hour.
Hiring a teacher/companion full time for a 35-40 hour week costs £100-£1500. More experience and more impressive, wider-ranging qualifications will command higher rates.
When hired by the hour, a teacher/companion costs £40-£100, again depending on experience, qualifications, and subject.
What can be expected from our teacher/companions?
Our general standards of choosing a private teacher and tutor are the following:
- Native British language skill – or fluent English – diploma/certificate required
- Education and work experience – our candidates have respected UK qualifications supported by years of experience in the field
- Reliability – our tutors and teacher/companions are hardworking, dedicated teachers with a great love for their work and a high sense of responsibility – we guarantee a superior, professional service to our clients
- Caring and outgoing personality – candidates must be pleasant with a genuine interest in students and their well-being
How to apply for a teacher/companion job position?
We would like to guide you through every stage of the process so that you know what will be expected from each party during this period:
- The first stage is to fill in the form on our website – our HR department will reply to you and request you send relevant documents (CV, cover letter, DBS check, first aid certificate, education diplomas and certificates, and references) as well as to arrange an interview. Please, do not omit any details because those seemingly little things can make all the difference, and bring you one step closer to finding the perfect employer. You can apply whether you have seen an interesting job position or wish to be included in our database and considered for all suitable future vacancies.
- Then we send your CV to our clients. If they like it, we will arrange an interview with a possible employer.
- We often recommend a trial because it is very important to meet a future employer before you make your decision. A trial could last one day or one week – just long enough for you and your prospective employer to get to know each other.
- The last stage is when the client and you make your final decisions. Both of you should take your time to consider all the aspects before embarking on your future collaboration.
We really hope that you like the description of a teacher/companion and that you will register shortly after reading it!