Choose a highly qualified governess to educate your child
Our governesses are skilled teachers who will motivate your child to progress academically, acquire life skills and develop good manners. A native British governess from London Governess is the best way to help children master English where it is not their first language, and to teach your child British cultural expectations. Above all, our experienced governesses will ensure your child receives a proper UK education.
A governess’ duties include:
- Educating children in their homes (most of our governesses possess the relevant qualifications for this)
- Developing children’s social skills
- Teaching proper etiquette and manners
Our governesses bring a wealth of experience and all possess the following attributes:
- A high level of professional training with UK qualifications
- A teaching background, higher education in childcare, and five years of childcare/teaching experience
- Naturally good with children
- The ability to instil key British attributes such as courage, independence and self-reliance, and to help children develop their own personalities
- A team player character; a suitable role model for your children to look up to
Governesses may also have:
- Spoken and written command of more than one language (bilingual) with the skills to teach this
From our extensive database, you will find a candidate with any special skills you require.
What types of governesses do we offer?
Within our vast database, we have native English-speaking governesses and bilingual governesses (fluent in Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, German, or Portuguese). We provide overseas governesses based both in the UK and abroad with international services available. Our governesses are in high demand, with clients spanning the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Kazakhstan, the USA, and several African countries. We pride ourselves on providing British governess services for our overseas clients, and recruit only the very best to fill overseas positions.
How much will London Governess services cost?
A governess often (but not always) lives with the family. If she is a permanent, full-time placement then she normally works five days a week and ten-twelve hours a day. She teaches children aged 3-16, and often works alongside a nanny. We can also place temporary governesses, or governesses with different hours, according to your unique requirements.
The responsibilities she undertakes are substantial, and a suitably qualified full-time British governess can expect to earn a salary of £700-£1,500 per week. This salary increases in conjunction with the individual’s experience and education.
What will a governess do for my children?
- Assist children with their homework and provide tutelage
- Keep children occupied and mentally stimulated
- Arrange age-appropriate development activities
- Help children overcome difficulties such as phonics, literacy, and comprehension skills
- Take children out on fun and educational trips
- Transport children to school and manage their play dates
- Teaching and giving moral guidance
- Organise children’s parties
- Keep your children’s healthcare records up-to-date
- Administer first aid if required
How do I find the best governess for my needs?
Our consultants will listen to you carefully before providing you with a selection of our database’s most suitable candidates. You will be provided with their curricula vitae (CVs) to consider, and have the opportunity to interview each candidate before choosing the governess best-suited to your family.
Every candidate in our database has provided us with the relevant documents, including their CV, cover letter, DBS check, first aid certificate, education diplomas and certificates, and references. They have all been interviewed by us and vetted thoroughly. As such, you can be confident that every candidate in our system is worthy of your full attention concerning both their education and professionalism.
Please complete this form and we will contact you to discuss your individual requirements. We will then provide a selection of top quality candidates to choose from, and discuss with you your preferred interview arrangements.
Our office is open Monday to Sunday (8.30am-6.30pm).