Choose a highly qualified governess to educate your child
Our governesses are skilled teachers who will motivate your child to progress academically, acquire life skills and develop good manners. A native British governess from London Governess is the best way to help children master English where it is not their first language, and to teach your child British cultural expectations. Above all, our experienced governesses will ensure your child receives a proper UK education.
A governess’ duties include:
- Educating children in their homes (most of our governesses possess the certified qualifications)
- Developing children’s social skills
- Teaching proper etiquette and manners.
Our governesses bring a wealth of experience and all possess the following attributes:
- A highly trained professional with UK qualifications
- A teaching background, higher education in childcare, and five years of childcare/teaching experience
- Naturally good with children
- The ability to instil key British attributes such as courage, independence and self-reliance, and to help children develop their own personality
- A team player and suitable role model for your children to look up to.
Governesses may also have:
- Spoken and written command of more than one language (bilingual or multilingual)
- The ability to teach a musical instrument such as the piano.
- Sporting skills such as swimming and tennis.
From our extensive database, you will find a candidate with any special skills you require.
What types of governesses do we offer?
Within our vast database, we have native English-speaking governesses, bilingual governesses (fluent in Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, German or Portuguese), overseas governesses based both in the UK and abroad with international services available. Our governesses are in high demanded with clients spanning the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Kazakhstan, USA and range of African countries. We pride ourselves on providing British governess services for our overseas clients, and recruit only the very best of our company to fill overseas positions.
How much will London Governess services cost?
A governess often (but not always) lives with the family. If she is a permanent, full-time placement then she normally works five days a week and up to 10 hours a day. She teaches children aged 3-16, and often works alongside a nanny. We can also place temporary governesses, or governesses with different hours, according to your unique requirements.
The responsibilities she undertakes are substantial, and a suitably qualified full-time British governess can expect to earn a salary between £700-£1,500 per week. Salary increases in conjunction with the individual’s experience and education.
What will a governess do for my children?
As well as teaching and giving moral guidance, a governess will:
- Assist children with their homework and provide tutelage
- Administer First Aid if required
- Keep children occupied and mentally stimulated
- Arrange age-appropriate development activities
- Help children overcome difficulties such as phonics, literacy and comprehension skills
- Take children out on fun and educational trips
- Transport children to school and manage their play dates
- Organise children’s parties
- Keep your children’s healthcare records up-to-date.
How do I find the best governess for my needs?
Our consultants will listen to you carefully before providing you with a selection of our database’s most suitable candidates. You will be provided with their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to consider, and have the opportunity to interview each candidate before choosing the governess best-suited to your family.
Every candidate in our database has previously sent relevant documents (including CV, cover letter, DBS check, First Aid Certificate, education diplomas and certificates, and references), been interviewed by us and checked thoroughly. As such, you can be confident that every candidate in our system deserves your full attention concerning both their education and professionalism.